Travel Diaries: 5 things you have to do in Barcelona

I think it's about time that I posted another travel blog post.. and since I came back from Barcelona about 6ish weeks ago, it's way overdue. Now just bearing in mind, I was with my travel buddy Farah and when we're together, we do, see and eat EVERYTHING. Therefore there is no way I can put in a post all the wonderful things about Barcelona, you'd have to go there yourself to experience that. But I 
will share with you, at the very least, my top 5. 

Before I dive it, I just want to say that we went to Barcelona in peak tourist season, so it was very busy. We didn't really think too far ahead with this and because of that, I'm sharing this with you. 
Pre-book EVERYTHING. You could get turned away otherwise and you really wouldn't want to miss out on some amazing places because they 
were too full. 

So without further ado, let me tell you what you MUST SEE/EAT if you happen to be travelling to Barcelona any time soon :)

First up is Amorino. This delightful little ice-cream shop is located on La Ramblas and offers, not only delicious Italian Gelato which satiates the taste buds, but also beautifully presented little sculpted flowers which are so pretty you almost can't eat it... Almost...
I ordered mine with a caramel macaroon placed in the centre of coconut, vanilla and chocolate ice-cream. If you are a lover of gelato, and who isn't? Then this is the place you need to be if you are headed to Barcelona. 


Number dos is Casa Batllo. This wonderful piece of architecture really struck me. It's just so beautiful in a very unique way. It is located on Passeig de gracia and was designed by the Famous Spanish Architect Antoni Gaudi and owned by the Batllo family in 1900. You  walk through the house feeling as though you're in some kind of fantasy world which is probably reminiscent of where the Mad Hatter might live. This building is amazing and I highly recommend paying a visit here.


Okay, so I'm pretty sure going to Barcelona Cathedral kind of goes without saying but still, just in case you were having second thoughts, this place is epic. I have honestly say, this is a jaw droppingly beautiful cathedral. Seriously. It's also huge. But the gothic style of architecture is very prominent in this structure and truly makes it a memorable place to visit.


Another design work of the renowned architect Anotoni Gaudi has made it into my top 5 with Park Guell being one of my recommend must see sights. This is a stunning park and very unique. Perfect place to have a nice cold ice lolly and stroll around as you're basically walking through a life size piece of art work.


Now, I started with Dessert, so I'm gonna finish with dinner because that's what I normally do anyway...(teehee). One of my favourite places we went to eat was La Poma, also on La Rambla. I don't know if it was because we were absolutely starving or if it really was how amazing the pizza was, but regardless, we both had a whole pizza to ourselves. And trust me, the food coma that followed straight after was well worth it. Being on an all Halal/veg diet was only slightly restrictive because the margarita pizzas which we ordered were delicioso and very filling after a whole 8 slices to yourself..😜😛😜


So these are my top 5 recommendations for Barcelona, again the list is exhaustive and I left it to 5 to keep it from becoming a novel. However, if you have any questions just leave me a comment and I'll happily get back to you :)

P.S. keep an eye out for my Travel Diaries, Athen's Edition coming very soon and check out my Barcelona Vlog which will be down below xoxox


Follow

Comments

  1. Nice list of places to visit, just curious were all of the places within walking distance of each other or did you guys have to use a lot of public transportation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually we took taxis between a lot of these locations. We split them all two ways so it wasn't so bad. But not a lot of these places are too close to each other.

      Delete
    2. Do you think a person can get by without knowing a whole lot of Spanish? Also overall, how were the locals in Barcelona? Hospitable and friendly?

      Delete

Post a Comment