Brand Review: Superdrug Skincare





His guys! Back today with another skin care product review. This is a review I've been meaning to do for some time but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm going to be talking about some products I have tried out from the B. line of skin care at Superdrug. Their skin care range has a ton of great products at a very affordable price and are also a great addition to any effective skin care regime. I went and bought 4 items which I have been trying out for a few months now and have therefore developed a pretty fair opinion on each of them and how they worked with my skin. Of course if you have any questions I would love to answer them so just leave that in the comments. 

*
*
*

I will be starting off with my favourite product out of all of them. This is the Glycolic Cleansing Peel. It comes in a  125ml tube and is accompanied with a white muslin cloth. It retails for £7.99 however Superdrug tends to have a buy one get one free offer on the line, so I would keep an eye out for that and then buy a few products at once to get the most out of your shopping.

This product is used on bare skin, it feels pretty creamy/gooey. I layer it on the face about once a week before bed, leave it on for 3 minutes and then remove it using the muslin cloth it comes with. You shouldn't really leave it on too long as it does contain a facial acid, so just go with what you're most comfortable. I don't have very sensitive skin so 3 minutes is fine for me. When I remove it my skin does like a tiny bit red. But it's very minimal. I then finish off with a moisturiser and eye cream and go to bed.

This peel makes my skins feel so soft and the next day it just looks more fresh and clear. I definitely love this product and would buy again.


























The next product I tried out was this rejuvenating serum which comes in a little 30ml pump bottle and retails for £12.99. A less amount of product than the peel yet costs almost double. I think it's just because it contains a few more ingredients which help the skin stay supple, hydrated and smooth. When you apply this, it does hydrate your skin and make it feel soft. However, that being said I didn't like this product as must as I did the Glycolic Cleansing Peel. I don't know why it just didn't out perform my existing favourite mositeriser. I would apply this on my skin after cleansing and before moisturiser. 
The one thing I disliked about this serum is it has glitter in it. It leaves glitter on your face too. Now the glitter is extremely fine, it's not as though there are chunks of classroom glitter stuck to your face. You have to look closely, but there is glitter. I guess it's to help with making your skin look radiant and glowy? Either way that is one thing that put me off so I stopped using it as much. As it was, the serum wasn't making up for the glitter in any other way. So for me I wouldn't really buy this again. It's not because it's not a good product, it is definitely moisturising and makes your skin feel softer, so if you don't mind the glitter than this might be a product you would enjoy.



Okay so out of all 4 products this is the one that I really did not like. This is the Micellar Oil which is meant to remove all your makeup easily and effectively. This caught my eye because it reminded me of the Garnier Oil infused Micellar water. As that is such a great product I thought this might be too. Also anything that contains oil tends to be great at removing makeup and impurities. 
I don't know why but maybe I just got a faulty version of this, but it did not smell good. 
Also, I would find that it would irritate my eyes afterwards. I stopped using it after trialling it for a week which I think is a fair amount of time to decide I did not like it. I actually misplaced it after that anyway so I couldn't try it again even if I wanted to and I was not going to buy it again. Hence why I'm using an internet picture of the bottle. It does come in a 150ml bottle and costs £6.99 so it's not too costly. But definitely not my favourite Micellar product.



























Of the 4 products this is my 2nd favourite. The is the Hyaluronic Acid Spritz which comes in a 75ml spray bottle and retails for £7.99. This facial spray is amazing. You can spray it on bare skin and on top of makeup. It helps to keep your skin hydrated as well as make it look dewy and gives it a natural looking healthy glow. I spray it on my face throughout makeup free days and I use it over my makeup in the afternoon to keep my skin looking fresh. It feels great and does exactly what it says it does. I love this product and will 100% be buying it again. 








































Overall I think this line of skincare by Superdrug is really great. I mean out of the 4 products there's only one that I actually dislike. That's not too bad a ratio. This line a full of great ingredients and is completely affordable. I'm happy to say that I'm impressed with the range and would of course recommend everyone going out and trying some of their products yourselves. 




Comments