Brand Review: The Body Shop SUPERFOOD Face Masks

Hello beauties, so today I'm here to give a bit of a review on The Body Shop face mask line. I'm obsessed with face masks and have found that when using a face mask regularly as part of my skin care regime that it really ups my skin care game and helps me to achieve that clear and glory complexion that we all want. I started using these masks one by one since the beginning of the year, so now that I have tried and tested each of them, I'm excited to be able to share my opinion of them with you all. 
All 6 of these masks contain a superfood which is meant to give your skin the very best of ingredients to help it look its best.
The website states that it does not contain: "parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oils.".
You can buy them in-store or online at £17 each. 

1) Himalaya Charcoal; Purifying Glow Mask


This is such an amazing mask for tackling congested, acne prone and/or oily skin. It is a clay-based formula which means that it will really work to draw out impurities on the skin and clear out pores. Also it contains Tea Tree oil which we all know helps to combat bacteria which can cause breakouts. Because of the rough texture of the mask once it has tried, when removing from the face it gives an exfoliation, removing dead skin cells. The only negative thing I can say about it, is the tingling sensation you feel when it is drying. I don't think it would work very well if you have sensitive skin. I personally don't struggle with sensitivities therefore I can use it just fine. However if you do, I would opt for one of the other masks.

2) Chinese Ginseng and Rice; Clarifying Polishing Mask


This one is a great mask for sensitive skin. Not only does it work to help the skin with uneven complexions, but it also works to help with dull skin. What's really great about this mask is two things. 1) When you come to take it off, it gives a very gentle exfoliation. 2) This will not leave your skin feeling dry and like it needs extra hydration at all. It is so gentle yet very effective. 

3) Ethiopian Honey; Deep Nourishing Mask


I love this mask. It's so great for giving your skin that extra boost of hydration that you might need if you have dry skin. It contains: "Community Trade honey, marula and olive oils." What I like to do is use this right after the Himalayan mask to put some moisture back in after using such an intense mask. It really leaves your skin feeling soft and loved.

4) Japanese Matcha Tea; Pollution Clearing Mask


This mask is my second favourite, after the Himalayan Mask. It contains: "matcha green tea from Kakegawa, Japan, dandelion extract and soul-soothing Community Trade aloe vera." This helps rid your skin of the everyday pollutants were exposed to on a daily basis which can lead to breakouts. It has a tingly sensation when applied and is so creamy and soothing. It also have little micro beads in it so when you remove the mask, it gently exfoliates the skin. I feel like whenever I use this mask and follow it up with a hydrating moisturiser, my skin looks so fresh in the morning.

5) British Rose; Fresh Plumping Mask


If you're the type of person who wants a glory, fresh-faced and plump complexion, this is the mask for you. It contains: "real rose petals, rose essence, rosehip oil and organic Community Trade aloe vera." I didn't think I would, but I actually really loved this. It smells so lovely, the rose scent really comes through. The jam like consistency feels so relaxing on the skin and it give a slight tingly sensation that really makes it feel like the mask is getting to work. When this is removed, your skin will look and feel soft, supple and moisturised.

6) Amazonian Acai; Energising Radiance Mask


And last but by no means least, the mask that gives your tired looking skin an energising boost. This mask will help your tired and stressed looking skin look healthier and fresher. It also contains small exfoliating beads in it, which of course it great for scrubbing away dead skin cells revealing newer and glowing skin. It contains: antioxidants and vitamins, acai. What more could you want from a mask?

*
*
*

Overall, I love every single one of these masks, they are amazing and in my opinion worth every penny. You can use some of these masks together or individually alongside your other favourite skin care products. 
Hope you guys enjoyed this review, leave any questions below in the comments and be sure to check out my review on youtube, linked below. xoxo





Comments