About Makeup: Colour Pop Haul & International Shipping Experiences

Hey guys, today I am posting about something a little different as I usually only post about fashion. However, I recently made an order from the US Makeup Brand Colour Pop and had it delivered to the UK. The culprit for enticing me to make the order was the free international delivery they were offering on orders over $50USD and so I caved. 

I originally saw the free international delivery from a snap by theblushinggiraffe and then of course stared browsing the website and with the help from a friend soon had decided on enough items to meet the free shipping criteria. 

I've heard a lot about Colour Pop from tons of beauty gurus on the internet and have been dying to try it so it really didn't take much to encourage me to buy a bunch of stuff. $50USD translates to about £40 roughly and for the amount of makeup I purchased, I was pretty impressed. I did hesitate for a moment before ordering after reading something about needing to pay customs but I bit the bullet and ordered. 

It took about a week for my items to be shipped due to them experiencing a lot of orders. I did email them to find out what was going on as they said it takes 3-5 workings days to ship all orders. They promptly replied and apologised for the delay offering me a discount on any future orders.

They then arrived about a week later, the royal mail left me a note informing me of the customs I was required to pay before they could deliver the package. It was really easy to do, I just went onto the royal mail website, put in the order reference number and made the payment of £16.62 (ouch). Although not amazing having to pay customs, I did save on shipping so not the end of the world. They then delivered my package the next working day. 

Overall I am pretty happy with my order, I have since used everything I bought and am not able to give you guys a review for it. I also did film a haul video on my youtube channel which I will post at the bottom of this page so you can check it out for yourselves. However down below is posted all the pictures and swatches of everything along with what I thought once i'd tested it all out.



The makeup came in adorable packaging with a really cute little note and a leaflet detailing Colour Pop's popular products. 



To start off with, the eye shadow set that I got was titled "Mile High" which included 6 different super shock shadows. From the top: Mittens, Cricket, La La, So Quiche, Nillionaire, Truth. 
These eyeshadows are very beautiful and the whole set was $25.00USD. Now I have tried using them once because I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, and because I have been working so much I really haven't gotten around to try them a lot. But I do have to say that they are super  creamy and the colours are so beautiful. I found a little hard to work with because once on the brush and transferred to the lid, the colour wasn't as intense as I expected, but they are buildable so they can be worked with.


The next product from my haul is this ever so creamy blusher in "birthday suit", and while this blusher is amazingly soft and creamy, I am not reaching for it much as i'm not enjoying the colour very much. I should have purchased a different shade as this one does not show up on my skin very much so I just reach for one of my other blushers instead. This was about $8.00USD.


I also picked up an eyebrow pencil which is double sided so there is a spooly on one end and the pencil on the other. The colour I picked was in "bangin' brunette" and I have to say that I loved this product and I used it every single day, until unfortunately I ran out of it in a very short space of time. There is not a lot of product in this pencil and it also breaks very easily. However it is super blendable, the colour was perfect for me, the brush on the other end blends the product out like a dream. But there is not enough product! :( This pencil was about $5.00USD so considering how low cost it is, I'll forgive it running out so quickly. But while I did have it, I really enjoyed how easy it was to get my eyebrows on fleek with it. 


Finally, my favourite purchases from Colour Pop were my Liquid Lipsticks. I bought a trio called "Out and About" which came with two matte lipsticks and one satin finish. From the top: Time Square, Baracuda (both matte) and then Viper. 
I've been wearing Times Square as a day to day lip colour and I wore Viper the other night to dinner with work. I love the colours so much, they are easy to apply. Only downside is they do dry my lips out a little however I kinda expect that from liquid lipsticks and that's easily fixed by wearing a moisturiser before applying. Also you can easily reapply this which out it getting chunky and gross. So all in all really glad I bought these, the trio cost $15.00USD so that is a pretty amazing price, it works out cheaper than the NYX lingerie lipsticks and these are so much better. 
*
*
*
*
So that is al guys, this is my over all review of ordering Colour Pop to the UK and what I thought of my purchases. I would definitely recommend you go right ahead and order if you've been wanting to. It was so worth it. I spent £40ish and got some amazing makeup items so happy days. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know if you'd like to see more like it.

Peace xo




Comments