Travel Diaries: Qatar




So back for a part two on my travels! This post is about my time in Qatar. I spent two days before we travelled to Dubai and then a further 4 days when we arrived back from Dubai. I booked my flights from Manchester with a layover in Amsterdam. The travel time in total was about 10 hours, I stayed in the Amsterdam airport for about 2 1/2 hours and then it was a 5-6 hour flight to Doha. I paid £320 for my flight and I had booked at the beginning of November.

In the first two days we didn't do much apart from eat and catch up which is what we do best. But mainly because we were flying out to Dubai in a couple days, so we left the majority of activities and sight seeing for when we arrived back.


Eggspectation

My favourite place to eat that we went to when in Doha was this breakfast restaurant called Eggspectation. Let me tell you, words for me cannot describe how much I loved this place. The food was delicious, the portions were huge and the coffee...when someone serves me a tasty cup of coffee in a mug bigger than my head, I fall in love. It's that simple. So you HAVE to check this place out if you are in Doha. The pancakes were fluffy and gorgeous and the omelette was served with grilled chicken and potatoes. I give this place 5 stars. Bold. Underlined. Exclamation marks.




Museum Of Islamic Arts

We also visited the MIA whilst in Doha which is such a stunning building. The inside is just as gorgeous with a beautiful ceiling and a great view of Doha. This museum featured a lot of interesting artwork and artefacts and even had a Mohammed Ali exhibition so it's definitely worth seeing.




Clay Pigeon Shooting

We also went to do some Clay Pigeon Shooting in Lusail at the Lusail Shooting Complex. This cost us less than £30 and we had about 25 shots. It was really fun, a little tricky because the rifles are huge and heavy, but definitely fun to do. There was a slight language barrier as the man who was instructing us only spoke Arabic, but with my not so fluent Arabic were able to get by.

Quad biking

This has got to go without saying, but my absolute favourite thing we did when in Qatar was Quad Biking. The Quad Biking was in the desert in a city called Masaieed. The Quad Biking worked out as about less than £30 each which is such a good price and we had the bikes for an hour. We loved every second of this and it was definitely worth the hour and a half drive outside of Al-Khor. Everyone who goes to Qatar should give this place a visit. We rented a car to get there and car worked out as approximately £118 for 5 days.




Villaggio

This mall in Doha is designed to look like Venice, Italy. It is so stunning, when you walk in the ceiling looks like the sky and there is a "river" that flows through the mall. You can then get a gondola ride in the "river" and it is meant to mimic the boat rides through the rivers in Venice.

We didn't really do any shopping here as we had a very long and tiring day. But we did eat at P.F. Chang's in the food court which was really yummy and the portions were gigantic.

If you want to visit a mall that stands out from all the rest, this place is worth the visit as it is so unique.




The Torch

If you want a place to sit down, unwind and enjoy a stunning view of Doha, the Torch is the place for you. This is where me and my friend came to have some relaxing drinks, take some cute pictures and have a chit chat. It's a gorgeous building and the inside is just as beautiful. Great place to spend the evening.




Lasting impressions

We really did do so many things whilst in Qatar that it's difficult to put it all in words and describe it all. This is just a little insight to our time spent there. There is just so much to do and see that I wish I had stayed longer than a few days. But I do recommend you all give it a visit yourselves, and if you do I hope I've given you some ideas of what you can do or even inspired you to go visit. Hope you liked this post and let me know what you thought! xo




Comments