Brand Review: The Ordinary

Hi guys, today I'm sharing my thoughts on a brand I've recently been testing out on my skin. I first discovered The Ordinary on ASOS and have since noticed it being talked about a bit more and more amongst beauty bloggers. Being a little obsessed with skin care I really wanted to try out these products for myself to see how they worked and if they were worth the hype. The key selling point to The Ordinary is that they are simple, affordable and contain only good ingredients designed to help the skin look it's best. They contain facial acids at a reasonable price where normally they are more on the expensive side. It is also "free of parabens, sulphates and mineral oils". So I picked myself 3 different items that caught my attention the most and have been trying them out for a couple months now. So here's what I got and also what I think...



So to start off with, I picked myself one of the brands moisterisers. The Natural Moisturising Factors HA costs a modest £5 and to be completely fair it is a really good moisturiser. It's very hydrating, non sticky, unscented and there just isn't a bad word to say about it.





The next product I purchased was a little bit on the side of "I really don't know how I feel about this". This was the Vitamin C Suspension 23% HA Spheres 2%.Now this bad boy makes my skin look SO good the morning after I've used this. It feels soft and supple and looks fresh and glowy. So why on earth could I have an issue with something that works so wonderfully on my skin? Because, oh the stinging! They do say when you start to use facial acids you need to give your skin an adjustment period when it builds a tolerance to the effects of it, but man I just didn't have the patience for it.
I now use it maybe once a week and just put a little bit on the tips of my fingers and tap it onto my skin gently after cleansing. The less I use the less stinging I feel. To be fair, it is Vitamin C and we all know how much dropping a tiny bit of orange juice on a cut can sting. It's it as intense as that but still uncomfortable. I would not recommended this for people with sensitive skin because this may irritate your skin quite a bit. With all that being said I still like the effects of using it and at £5 you can't really complain.





The final product I picked up from the line is the Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%. This is my favourite out of all 3 products simply because it helped one of the biggest problems I was facing with my skin at the time I bought this, skin texture. It comes in a little glass bottle with a dropper. I take a couple drops and massage into my skin after cleansing and before moisturiser.
Similar to the Vitamin C Suspension 23% HA Spheres 2% it can cause a little tingling sensation on the skin until you build a resistance to it, but much less intense than the Suspension, therefore much more tolerable. I genuinely love one and continue using it a couple times a week just to keep up with keeping my skin texture in control.
One thing I will say is that when I first purchased this, I got a little excited and used it morning and evening. I found that after a week my skin became pretty dried out which is not normal for me as I have oily/normal skin and generally don't get dry patches. So I stopped using it for a week and then started using it only 2-3 times a week and either morning or night. This has worked for me. Again at £5, who can complain?





So all in all guys, I love this line and I cannot wait to experiment with some of the other products and see how they work. Remember, everything works different for everyone and I'm letting you know my experiences. But I say you should get hold of these for yourselves and see how they work and let me know!! Below I've listed the links for each product so happy shopping :D
All products available on ASOS


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments